Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Serrano Campground, Big Bear Lake, Ca

Serrano Campground is located in the San Bernardino mountains, near the town of Big Bear. This campground is situated in a mountain setting in a pine forest and near Big Bear Lake. Popular activities include hiking, mountain biking, boating and fishing. Big Bear Lake, California is a fresh-water lake seven miles long and a mile wide, at an altitude of 6,750 to 9,000 feet.

The National Forest Service's Serrano Campground features 132 camping sites that can be used by tents, RV's, pop-up campers, pickup trucks with camper shells, vans, etc. RVer's should note that there are 29 campsites which offer electrical (30 amp), water and sewer hookups. There is an RV dump station.

We really enjoyed the weekend @ Serrano in Big Bear. The campground was booked and they say they usually are so you need to make reservations early. We stayed in the Evening Star loop with no hookups. The campsites were large and the one we had was shaded all day. They have a cement slab to park on but they are not level. The campground is within walking distance to the lake in fact one of the loops is very close but the sites are smaller and closer together. The loop with the hookups was called Snowberry. I would say the about 75% of the campground was filled with tents and the other 25% a mixture of trailers, MH, and FW.

The mixture of rain and sun we had for the weekend was very refreshing, considering it was 90+ degrees when we left Anaheim on Friday. If I was to rate this campground it would be an 8. If we had hookups and wifi it would have been a 10. We will definitely be staying here again.

Verizon cell phone and netcard good signal.

Hope you enjoy the slideshow.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July 2009 Guajome Park Campgrounds

Guajome Regional Park is located in the coastal community of Oceanside and has a little bit of everything that San Diego County offers. A developed 33 sites campground offers partial hook ups, a caravan pavilion, shade and afternoon ocean breezes. Two day use areas with new playgrounds, a basketball court and lots of green lawn are ideal for picnicking or just relaxing. Two ponds attract a wide variety of migratory birds and serve as home to a variety of fish that will test the skills of any angler. 4.5 miles of park trails meander through diverse Southern California habitats such as woodlands, chaparral, wetlands, and mixed grasslands.

We spent the weekend at the campgrounds over the Fourth of July weekend. This is a very sleepy campground. It is a nice place to catch on your reading, go for quiet walks or just taking catnaps in the afternoon. We were at site# 9 which had lots of shade. We did spend a very relaxing weekend. I hope you enjoy the slideshow.